Location: Norway, Germany, UK or US (New York/New Jersey)
At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 30 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Hamburg, Germany and New Jersey, US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and air freight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
We are seeking a talented and ambitious Content Marketing Strategist with a track record of strong performance to lead our content strategy.
Creating compelling and beautiful content is an art and a science; the person who is the right mix of wordsmith, data-driven strategist, and marketer is hard to find but we know you are out there.
In this full-time role you’ll lead content development and work cross departmentally to address the needs of our customers and industry.
You’ll work daily with our marketing, customer success, sales and product teams to build experiences that propel our customers and the overall shipping/logistics industry to new levels of success. If you’re obsessed with writing and creating meaningful, customer-focused content you belong on our team.
What You’ll Do
- Drive engagement, conversion, acquisition, adoption and expansion by planning, developing, and writing content that educates and inspires our customers and industry.
- Develop and own our content strategy and content calendar.
- Research, write, create, and edit various types of content across multiple channels including, but not limited to, in-app, blog, video, guides, reports, landing pages, market commentaries, webinars, newsletters, customer drip campaigns, marketing prospecting emails, customer portal.
- Identify internal and external industry thought-leaders to leverage for content development.
- Perform keyword research including discovery and opportunities in order to optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization.
- Continue to build Xeneta’s reputation for best-in-class shipping/logistics content.
- Work with our demand generation and customer marketing team to develop content that can be used to increase new business acquisition and conversion as well as existing business adoption and expansion.
- Get to know our customer segments inside and out and anticipate their content needs.
- Own our expanding industry reports and market commentary content working closely with our data analyst and product teams.
- 3+ years experience in content marketing, brand marketing, or product marketing. Background in journalism, editorial, publishing, or digital media is preferred
- Proficient in interpreting customer data and research and responding with content that speaks to the wants and needs of the customer
- A respect for maintaining the integrity of the brand voice and tone
- A mastery of engaging, persuasive writing style and the ability to adapt your tone to various customer segments
- The ability to produce content that delivers on core marketing objectives and KPIs
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices for on-page optimization
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to prioritize when there are multiple projects in flight; must have experience leading big projects from ideation to completion
- Skilled in cross-departmental collaboration
- Excellent English grammar and editing skills
- The ability to adapt content to a variety of channels
- A passion for writing content and telling engaging stories with words that draw people in.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience working in logistics, transportation or supply chain.
- An extensive network in the logistics, transportation or supply chain ecosystem
What We Offer
- A great work environment with highly motivated people
- Competitive benefits, along with a generous vacation plan, flexible working hours and educational opportunities
- An opportunity to be a part of building and growing a global company that is transforming the shipping and logistics industries
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Impact: We’re category leaders digitalizing the way ocean and air freight is procured bringing on-demand actionable data to all industry stakeholders. We’re moving fast.
- Our Technology: Deep data analytics and integrations coupled with a scalable, sleek and beautiful user interface.
- Our Customers: Big companies like Nestle, Electrolux, ABB, John Deere, Unilever, Puma and many others.
- Our Team: Shipping, consulting and tech all-stars on our roster
- Our Values: We are one. Variety and fairness. Transparency builds trust. Modernization through data.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.